Statements in these posted remarks that relate to future results and events, and other forward-looking statements in these remarks, are based on Western Digital Corporation's current expectations. Risks and uncertainties may cause actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. These potential risks and uncertainties include, among others:
- volatility in global economic conditions;
- business conditions and growth in the storage ecosystem;
- impact of competitive products and pricing;
- market acceptance and cost of commodity materials and specialized product components;
- actions by competitors;
- unexpected advances in competing technologies;
- our development and introduction of products based on new technologies and expansion into new data storage markets;
- risks associated with acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures;
- difficulties or delays in manufacturing; and
- other factors listed in our periodic SEC filings and on this website in Risk Factors.
In addition, these posted remarks may include references to non-GAAP financial measures. Reconciliations of the differences between the historical non-GAAP measures we provide during these remarks to the comparable historical GAAP financial measures are included in the Investor Relations section of our website. We have not fully reconciled our non-GAAP financial measures related to future results to the most directly comparable GAAP measures because material items that impact these measures are out of our control and/or cannot be reasonably predicted. Accordingly, a full reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures related to future results to the corresponding GAAP measures is not available without unreasonable effort.